How do you manage Counter offers
Managing counter offers can be tricky to handle.
So how do you avoid a price war, to get a new person into your business after all the work you have been through to get to this point.
- Remind them why they wanted to leave their current employer?
- Have their current employer agreed to fix all the other issues they had?
- Discuss how you have invested in your current workforce and this will continue to them as well
- Ask them what they need from you to side with you? Is it just another £1k or has it turned out that they really just needed a pay rise?
- Telling them that the national statistics show that 80% of candidates who accept a counter offer leave within 12 months. *REC
- Some companies often give courter offers because they are not sure how to replace the candidate immediately, they have at this point lost control. If they offer a counter offer, they are back in control and can decide the next steps that suit them.