When writing a curriculum vitae really think about what you want to say. This is your opportunity to really sell yourself.
Your CV should include the following information –
- Personal information – Full name, postal address, mobile number, home telephone number, e-mail address
- Profile – Your key strengths/skills and what it is about you that makes you a good potential employee. Try to keep this section brief and to one paragraph.
- Education – Dates with the name and town of the education establishments that you attended. List passed qualifications gained and details of any specific qualifications that the role requires.
- Employment – Put your jobs in chronological order starting with your current or most recent role and working backwards. Include the dates you were employed, your job title, the company name and a brief, factual summary of your duties. If you have any periods of unemployment explain with the dates what you were doing e.g. charity work, travelling etc
- Skills – Any additional languages, software packages etc
- Interests – Any hobbies, sports or pastimes that display your enthusiasm, commitment and willingness to learn
- Read and fully understand the job description
- Research the company – how long have they been trading, how many staff do they employ, what industry is their business in.
- Dress smartly and look presentable. Smart business dress with clean shoes will make the right impression – remember first impressions count!
- Smile, relax and be polite, ask relevant questions and remember above all to thank the interviewer for their time.
01323 844664 – East Sussex Office
01903 245027 – West Sussex Office